Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mixing work and play


On my last trip to setup a new Intelliquilter on a machine in Qld - I decided it was time to bring the family as well & take a break to spend some time with my family. In 10 days we managed to visit Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's zoo) and 4 theme parks!! Movieworld, Dreamworld, White Water World and Seaworld ughhh....exhaustion!




Here are some photos of the 'family' at the zoo and on rides vbg. They had a wonderful time, even if we were on the Gold Coast, Qld on the coldest day in 7 years! All I was looking forward to was the warmer weather that Queensland always promises compared to South Australia, where I've been freezing for months....










We did Australia Zoo, Dreamworld & Movieworld when the weather was quite nice. Later in the week we had to abandon one day due to the rain & freezing wind....shopping was the option LOL!





Just before we left, I did manage to get a few quilts done. Only one photo though mmmm must get better at taking photos won't I?





This quilt is a lap quilt made by a guild member, quilted by me freehand and will be raffled for our Regional Round Up day where we invite all the other guilds in the state to visit for a huge show'n'tell, guest speaker and 3 shops present in the country. Always a fantastic day with goodie bags and fun galore....







Hopefully this quilt will raise some $$ to help pay for the day. They usually get up to 300 quilters from around the state to this event every two years!

cheers until next time (see I've posted again yeahh!!! Not MONTHS after the last one.)

Tracey





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracey - I like the triangle feather design in the raffle quilt you did ... is it one of your designs?

Tracey - in the UK

TraceyB said...

The feather design I just made up to tie in the freehand spirals done over the cenre of the quilt but give it some schmancy feel on the borders and setting triangles. I love feathers so it was a natural to do this. Now I doubt this little triangle is totally original & new as I've admired sooo many different versions of feathers over the years that I 'may' have seen it elsewhere and then simply created it to suit this quilt.
cheers

Ramona-quilter said...

Oh, I wish I could see more of that lovely freehand, the quilt looks loely. I also like that bit in the setting triangle. I hope it brings business your way.