Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spring is definitely here!

The weather is finally warming up....30deg C today. I can finally wear 3/4 pants and t-shirts again. I have been soooo cold this winter that I have really struggled with my weight loss as all I want to do is have hot drinks & something sweet with it! Now I'm back to drinking more water & nibbling on beautiful sweet oranges off our trees. I'm up to 32kg lost now (about 70.4lbs) so had better keep going. I have now joined the gym & trying to do more this way to keep me going!

Oranges from our tree

This is the view from my studio today! Check out that crop....it is looking good so far, so fingers crossed we get some finishing rains when we need them & a better year this year! My DH & family don't like to get rid of stuff, so you can 'see' the museum pieces that are getting lined up along our machinery drive LOL

Wheat crop at Agery

I have been getting quite a bit of quilting done whilst home this month finally. Here are some more pictures! This first one belongs to my sister, Helen Stubbings of www.hugsnkisses.net and is a project for an upcoming gathering weekend at The Patchwork Apple in the Adelaide Hills. Quilted simply to show off the fabric range and Helen's colourque' and applique' techniques.

September quilts 08 011  September quilts 08 013 September quilts 08 017 September quilts 08 018

Next is a lovely redwork quilt finally finished by a customer. It is really sweet! She says she still has enough red fabrics to make another 2 of these!

September quilts 08 019 September quilts 08 020 September quilts 08 022

Finally another customer quilt that is a row by row quilt done as a kit from a shop. This quilt had some issues with friendly, waving borders due to all that piecing. To contain these I did a simply wavy line through the intersections and the rest was what I call simple custom that went reasonably quickly. I loved thinking up all the continuous curve style designs in the pieced blocks. These were inspired by Pam Clarke's Triangle Tango book which are available on my website .  Don't you just love that colourwash border though?

September quilts 08 025 September quilts 08 026 September quilts 08 027 September quilts 08 028 September quilts 08 029 September quilts 08 031 September quilts 08 032

 

Hope you enjoyed my latest show!

cheers

6 comments:

mereth said...

Sure did, Tracey!Lots of lovely quilting there, and Helen's work is beautiful too.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all the farmers, the crops up here are looking so lush and thick. But as many of my friends tell me, you can't say it's a good year until the money's in the bank. Hopefully the weather will do just what you want it to do!
Keryn and I must come and visit sometime, it's silly not to get together.

tirane93 said...

i really like your quilting on the flying geese on the row by row quilt. ok, i like ALL the quilting on your quilts! but the flying geese treatment is unusual.

thanks for sharing these pictures!

TraceyB said...

thanks tirane93! It had a nice flow to it once I got going VBG.

Mereth - your friends are sooo right! The crops look good, but the money isn't in the bank until it is actually THERE! Grain prices are dropping badly, just when the crops look good darn it....

TMQG said...

need to put your new header up here too, I can change it a bit if you want.
H - little sis

Tracey said...

TraceyB,
Greetings from North Carolina! Your quilts are simply stunning! I think we may share the same name..but, you are definitely the more famous one! ;) Enjoy the warmer weather and may the Lord bless you with bountiful crops!

Ramona-quilter said...

Tracey- Yess, I concur, the geese quilting is amazing. I love to look at the quilt from the back where I an really see your work. Lovely