Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lone star











Well I did get that quilt finished!!








Here are a couple of photos....


















Pretty good piecing considering this customer has not been a patchworker for very long! I do hope she will be happy with the quilting result....

Next is a couple of photos of a quilt that I did using my Intelliquilter. Just to see what it could do!
It is on black sateen using gold metallic thread from Superior. I only had one thread break on this quilt and designed the whole thing whilst sitting in my chair in front of the fire one night. Once the fabric was pinned on it only took 2 hours to quilt the metallic thread design (whilst I was on the phone as well) then a further couple of hours to do the background fill afterwards.
I was really pleased on how well it all lined up for me, especially when it was my first wholecloth attempt with this system....








off to play a mother/daughter game of netball now for the last training session for the winter season....wish me luck!
cheers

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

That lone star is beautiful but the IQ sample is really stunning!

TraceyB said...

Thanks Vicki! I've got a few others designed on there now...just have to find time to stitch them out now.

I'm really loving it - if only there were 2 extra days each week??

Suzanne Earley said...

Both quilts are very beautiful, Tracey.

Carla said...

You make this all look so effortless, Tracey! Lovely, lovely quilting.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

That is great work with the Intelliquilter. Did you create those designs yourself?