Thursday, August 23, 2007

This'n'that

Well I have had a wonderful week with my parents up here on the farm. Started off last Wednesday when they arrived and they got stuck into my poor neglected garden! They brought with them the power tools to trim, prune & totally clean up my garden that normally has to look after itself whilst I am quilting.....

I do hope that certain plants will bounce back as they have been pruned very hard LOL

Over the weekend, mum & I went off to Clare to attend a Rural Women's Gathering. We had a fantastic time with 250 other women from all across South Australia. We had Friday night games, fantastic motivational guest speakers & entertainment, informative & fun workshops & bus tours. Saturday evening saw us laughing all evening with a gourmet meal & listening to our own Fiona O'loughlin - comedian extroardinaire! Sunday was a full cooked breakfast in the vines and a lovely brisk walk on the Riesling Trail followed by a bazaar with lots of goodies to entice us. Lastly our final keynote speaker and farewells for another year....

This was the 12th annual Rural Women's Gathering and I have now attended 8 of them and was chairperson for the committee organising the 3rd RWG here locally with 300 attendees & 70+ workshops on offer. They are a fantastic way to meet other people, network & learn new things. I am still involved here on the Yorke Peninsula in our YP Women's Network that provides networking opportunities and training to women in our regional/rural area.

Back home again & very weary, we are greeted by my eldest, Emma - who lets me know that all the subjects that she has chosen to do at the school in Adelaide have been accepted/approved & so it seems she is definitely going! We still need to look into assistance for living away from home allowance to see if we are eligible for any at all.

So to answer you Lyn - yep she's going! Think this will be harder on mum than her!!

Better get back to quilting to pay for all this now...mum & dad left yesterday for home 7 hrs away. They are off again in 2 weeks to visit my sister, Helen, in Tasmania & their 3 grand daughters over there....
cheers

No comments: